Monday, January 14, 2008

My Second Blog Entry

Dear Blog,
As of yet no reply from the Library of Congress about my application for United States Poet Laureate.  There is also a disturbing lack of reply from Sarah.  Sarah is responsible for operating my favourite website, www.david-tennant.com.  Sarah is my third favourite person (1 - David Tennant, 2 - My sister Genevieve who makes prints) so I sent her some poetry about David.  Additionally I am sending her some drawings of David That I worked on very well.

I made these drawings (the ones accompanying this very post) because I feel that because I am so talented in the Poetry field, it was time to move into the Visual Arts.  I added it to my Blogger profile as well under interests of course.  I have named them both "Dear Periwinkle" due to his periwinkle-coloured eyes.  Unfortunately, his eyes are not duly coloured in the drawing for artistic effect.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Also here are my poems that I also sent to Sarah.

First off is this one here, which I thought of on an overcastly autumnal day in January, while riding on the bus.  I have never written a love poem that was not about David.  I adore his everything because he is my everything.  At the time this one was my best work to date.

David my love.
David...my life...my soon-to-be spouse...
Give me some salt
And I shall pour it in your hair
The only hair
That I pour salt on.

Give me some sugar,
David.
It will be the sweetest of all the sugars.
And I shall pour it in your hair
The only hair
That I pour sugar on.

The salt and sugar will blend
Like me and you
Have blent, my love,
My dove,
A glass
Of
Lem...

Onade.

So David you have traveled
Through time
David, oh, David
As salt has traveled
As sugar has traveled
Through time
Through mine.

The Doctor you are
You are also other things
But only to me
That true love can bring.

Bring me, oh Daivd,
To your castle by the sea,
A bottle of salt
Just for you and just for me.

This is where we'll reside 
With painful anguish
In the darkness of the time lords
And love will overcome all.

This is an epic ballad, David,
Of our love and of our life
With you
With you
With you
With you
With you
I could let my head down
With you
With you
With you
With you as my life.

But after submitting this poem I did a lot of reading and as a result my style, like a good wine, aged and changed; reaching a new level of season-esque perfection.  Around this time was when I discovered the power of the periwinkle motif.  A lot of my metaphors and drawn from real life which I feel only accents the power of this poem and my words.  They come from the heart.  Enjoy, please!

David Periwinkle Tennant
Your eyes so shiny, your face so sleek.
When I meed you, hopefully in Venice
Oh how we will thrive,
Through time
Together

A TARDIS of love
Is the shape of my heart
I dreem of you sweetly
I play a lot of chess.
Also I read,
Read the lines of my palm
To see if the future
Doth hold our bond.

You're the fairest of them all
Snow white, Snow David
To follow you forever
Shorter than you
You are so tall.

Take this my glass slipper
To hold till the end
David, my slipper
As blue as your eyes
As sparkly as your soul
As I kiss it sweetly
Drinking from it
Like a glass of wine.

I hope you know now
Why I feel so strongly
I hope you feel the same way.
If we every met wrongly
Perhaps two wrongs would make a right.

A right turn
Into my heart.
David.

It is very depressing for me that Sarah has not taken the time to publish my poetry on her David Tennant fanzine (HIGHLY recommended!!!!!!!!  VERY professional artwrok and writing, click on "Fans" and then on the Fanzine, October's was my most highly revered).  I understand that it is a reasonably high-profile publication (the site is almost official and David himself has been rumoured to frequent it) but I feel my poetry is better than most other poetry out there.  Also I am looking very much for publication credits for my CV to perhaps reapply for the Laureate position assuming this year's results prove unfavourable.

Thank you for your time.

Love,
-Jonas R. Dickinson

3 comments:

Persephone said...

Dear Jonas P.L.,

Your first three entries in blogdom make me giggle helplessly! (I hope you don't mind...) I love it!
Just one quibble: "periwinkle" always means "blue" (purply blue, but definitely blue). Now, DT's eyes were made blue (by means of tinted contact lenses) for Casanova because of Peter O'Toole's famous blue lamps, but his natural eye colour is a delectable brown. (I'm very partial to brown eyes, being blue-eyed myself.)
I'll be visiting again. Love your shower poem!

Persephone said...

Is "Sharon" my "malleable name", oh great USPL?

Persephone said...

Dearest JoDick,

If the word "malleable" is truly malleable, then I cannot possibly misunderstand it! Thank-you for your kind words, malleable or not. I like "Carousel" if I can get past the "slap that felt like a kiss" jazz.

Love,
the Un-Sharon