Monday, June 9, 2008

My Tenth Blog Entry

It appears I have been asked to contribute to the Persephone Magazine's original album with seven songs that I have been greatly appreciating this season, like the fine threads of a wayworn gossamer windy bulk. The following are poems set to a music you hear in your dreams my child.

1. I Propose by Jonas R. Dickinson (genre: country)
Well, lick my toes and salt my hair
Find my ticks ah way out there,
In finding you, we'll find what's true
You and me together like glue.
You and me I do propose
And the finding of a marriage in a lifelong hose.
As lifelong,
As Lifelong,
I propose.
I was alone till I picked up the phone
I called that number after the tone
I gave my adress and PIN number too
And in doing so gave my love to you.
You and me I do propose
You I would never ever want to lose
As lifelong,
As Lifelong,
I propose.

2. Cover of "Mr. Blue Sky" by Jonas R. Dickinson & friends (genre: popular)
Sun is shinin' in the sky
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin' ev'rybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day hey,hey

Runnin' down the avenue
See how the sun shines brightly in the city
On the streets where once was pity
Mister blue sky is living here today hey, hey

Mister blue sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long
Where did we go wrong?

Hey you with the pretty face
Welcome to the human race
A celebration, mister blue sky's up there waitin'
And today is the day we've waited for

Hey there mister blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Ev'rybody smiles at you

Mister blue sky, mister blue sky
Mister blue sky

Mister blue, you did it right
But soon comes mister night creepin' over
Now his hand is on your shoulder
Never mind I'll remember you this
I'll remember you this way

Mister blue sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long
Where did we go wrong?

Hey there mister blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Ev'rybody smiles at you
Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba
Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

3. Give My Love A Sweepstake by Jonas R. Dickinson (genre: Debussyesque)
Scratching cards on a Sunday night
Given the love a heart of flight
The bingo tunes flush out mine ear
Find the cost, the cost of fear.

Friday night
It's a Friday night
The Price Is Right
On Friday night.

Emotions swift like dandy canes
The girl in a corner was quite plain
She flew a kite
She didn't bite
I asked her to be my main
My main
My main
Love.

Friday night
It's a Friday night
The Price Is Right
On Friday night.

My plus one plus size on the double
The dinner diner night of rubble
Stillenacht
Kristalnacht
Gutennacht
Merci.

Friday night
It's a Friday night
The Price is Right
On Friday night.

4. Danse of the Dasani by Jonas R. Dickinson (genre: pure beauty)
Lilt lilt
Tick tick table
Skin along my insides
Shave the flower of my flesh.
Pull away, give way to day
Dance, Dasani, Dance.

The indians fly in the cold crisp air
Turtles bright and chipper, glistening their hairs
We find a rabbit in a field
We find a crow among the real.

Pop pop, pip pip
At the native reserve
Clink of the bottles
Alcoholism served.

The bottomless pit
Of sin and ill breeding
Bliss among the skip
The skip
Skip
Skap

Dance of the Dasani
We Worship You.

5. Ditty of Dori by Jonas R. Dickinson (genre: childrens)
A lonely little spangle
A tertiary right angly
Angle
Who giggles and wiffles for joy
Who longs for the seat of a toy
With tea in her pocket
Her love in a locket
With a strangled banner waving to the Rhine
Child, my child, you will be fine.
Sway a little to the moons restative beginnings
And find the shine on the waters of your hand.
Tickle-me-Elmo with smoky sauced pansies
In-between times so soaked with regret.

6. Harriwood Castle by Jonas R. Dickinson (genre: Rock and Roll)
At Harriwood Castle, where the dinosaurs lay
Under singing times, champagne hardies
Parties
Party hardy, said the tyrannosaurus
The metaphor
For
The titanic.
Cast off and away, me hearties!
Find the light at the butt of the sea.
Smoke it with all your might
A salmon of the ocean
And finally
Finally
Return to the place you were begot
Like a turtle
And finally be free
Like a dance on the sea.
So Party,
Party hardy, said the tyrannosaurus
The metaphor
For
Your mind.
The Lucitania.
It sank like your definitions
A society of skeletons
When you fight the man
The dude
Of kings.

7. Single Brass by Jonas R. Dickinson (genre: spoken word/comedy)
Spill out your guts on the room of the dance hall comedy room! Floor it!
Isn't it interesting that you walk on a floor
When the ceiling's so bare?
Try up there! I have a great pun:
Can you hack it with us crooners?
Free up delight! Single malted ice cream
I scream, you scream, we all want to dream
Of whipped, whipped cream:
A great pun.
Like a parrot, never haughty, always solid,
In the mystery so stolid.
And I thought that we were ballads
Ballads in the heydays of contentment!

So ring ring ring with a tinkling of cream
When you find you're a solid solid dream
Of a life gone by
While you try not to die
And laugh at my songs
My mystery
And my puns.

The pun is a word game, you find in the dark
I could make money in the depths of a park
The tin of a hat
With a single loud CRACK.
Shark and opened.
Its teeth, round and round it spins
When it stops, you may not win!
The lid of the tin of the hat
Never
Does.

Perhaps a career as a singer/songwriter lies in my future? The cuisinist thinking has not boded me well, and was not my apartay. So, I hope you enjoy these songs from my heart, as they have influence my life in the extreme, and my being in a larger sense. If you are in contact with any musical producers, please be in contact with me. Direct them towards my passion, and we will find each other. It could be lucrative in many ways for all four of us.

With sincerity and deep green felt regret,
BigJoDick
Musician

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

vomit

Persephone said...

Well, I knew your response to the meme would be highly original (with the possible exception of "Mister Blue Sky"; I always preferred "Can't Get It Out of My Head" -- despite the questionable lyrics)!

I find "I Propose" the most accessible, but rather like the "Ditty of Dori", with all its Telly-like innocence. A bit alarmed by the strangled flag though...

"Harriwood Castle" is growing on me as well; I'm a longtime fan of sunken luxury liners.

I see you've been wooing Littleradge Liam; do you think you're scaring him just a bit?

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob said...

Honoured,

"And the finding of a marriage in a lifelong hose": the rhythimc flair of the Mighty William Schwenck Gilbert right there, encapsulated.

Audi also "One Note Cachucha" by Stan Getz and Wiiliam Schwenck Gilberto.

Rob